Head of Operations is a key member of our senior team. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate person with strong knowledge and experience of the food, retail and hospitality sectors. You’ll help us build on the success of our popular and award-winning, Boyle based, Drumanilra Farm Kitchen. You’ll be responsible for the set-up, launch and on-going operational performance of three Drumanilra Farm Kitchen restaurant and farm shop units, in line with our mission and goals. You’ll provide positive leadership to diverse, multi-site teams, and work effectively with the senior team, to grow a strong and engaged customer base. You’ll be able to respond to challenges and identify opportunities to drive the business forward. You’ll be responsible for achieving targeted revenue of approximately €5M per year. You’ll be committed to working sustainably and you’ll help us implement our green business goals.
You’ll be based in offices in Boyle but divide your time between the Drumanilra Farm Kitchen projects in Strandhill, Carrick-on-Shannon and Boyle. You’ll have the support of a senior team including a HR and Business Systems Manager, our Farm Manager (your key supplier), and Finance and Marketing.
You’ll manage the launch of each of the three units. We’re aiming to open Drumanilra Farm Kitchen, Strandhill at Easter 2020, Carrick-on-Shannon, Summer 2020 and Boyle, Christmas 2021. You’ll project manage the fit-out, and work with our HR and Business Systems Manager on team recruitment, training, and systems set up. Once open, you’ll be responsible for managing your teams to ensure the efficient running of the three units on a day to day basis. You’ll be responsible for ensuring your teams are delivering food service, customer service and retail excellence at all times. You’ll be working to build a loyal and engaged customer community and an inspired and motivated team. You’ll also be working to promote and develop a working culture which incorporates our green business goals into all areas of operations. You’ll be delivering on our financial targets and managing risk.
To excel in this role you will have:
- Sound general management / operations management experience in a food service, food production, and/or food retail environment;
- Proven track record in delivering Customer Service excellence;
- Experience of managing budgets;
- Track record of delivering challenging performance targets and improving results;
- Commercial focus;
- Strong leadership and management skills preferably with experience of managing multi-site teams;
- Evidence of ability in recruiting, coaching and developing others and in achieving employee engagement and satisfaction;
- Good written and verbal communication skills including presentation;
- Influencing and negotiating skills;
- Project management skills and experience, ideally in relation to the fit-out and launch of new premises;
- An interest in sustainability and a commitment to implementing our green business goals;
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work-place and an environment free of bullying, harassment and discrimination;
- Operational risk management experience including Health & Safety, Food Safety, Security, Fire Safety, and Employment legislation.
Find out more about working at Drumanilra and the benefits we provide.
Our Financial Benefits include an attractive salary plus a profit share scheme, mileage allowance, an annual leave allowance which increases over time, a cycle to work scheme and a discount card for nourishing lunches in our cafes on work days, and discounts in our shops and cafes for you and your guests on days off.
The well-being of our team is important to us. Alongside the benefits of living and working in this beautiful part of the country, we will work at creating a sociable, diverse and inclusive work space, flexible working opportunities, and will offer an Employee Assistance Programme.
We will also work hard at creating career development opportunities and pathways. We’ll invest in a robust review process for performance feedback, and for identifying opportunities for training and progression. We will commit to a minimum of two paid training days per year, for everyone, after one year’s service, plus an annual paid volunteer day for people to actively participate in their local community, and help further causes they are interested in.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below or alternatively email email@example.com with a short bio and attach your CV. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and we’ll get in touch with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
Find out more about the Drumanilra journey so far, from small beginnings to where we are today, and learn more about our amazing plans for the future.